Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lensbaby Photo Story Challenge: Little Deserted House on the Prairie

Little Deserted House on the Prairie
...as told by the poem "The Old House" by Walter de la Mare

 A very, very old house I know-
And ever so many people go,
Past the small lodge, forlorn and still,
Under the heavy branches, till
Comes the blank wall, and there's the door.
Go in they do; come out no more.
No voice says aught; no spark of light
Across that threshold cheers the sight;
Only the evening star on high
Less lonely makes a lonely sky,
As, one by one, the people go
Into that very old house I know.
Sweet 35
edge 80

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful words and the images that accompany them are just as wonderful.
    Is this an old farm house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a very old house about a mile from me. It has been vacant forever it seems. I love it because you can tell it looked like a story book house and was cared for years ago.

      Delete
  2. so, so cool. Wish I could be there. See it. Photograph it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...I have been swooning over your work forever! I am truly honored. :)

    ReplyDelete