Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Letters to Our Daughters: February

Dear Annika,

My mother made me a Raggedy Ann and Andy doll when I was little. I lost them and I have always missed them. Our friend, April, found me a set just like my mother made and I was overwhelmed by how much I really missed having them. You see, I tried not to think about it. I miss my mommy so very much. Since she is gone, I felt like it was even worse that I lost them. I gave you these dolls today so that you could have the same dolls that I did and so that you could have something that meant a lot to me.

I know I seemed kind of sad when I gave them to you, but it was only because I was overwhelmed with emotion. I love you,  and you will always be my baby girl. Always remember that my love is not wrapped up in these dolls or anything else. My love is wrapped up in you.

These dolls are just a little piece of my childhood that I wanted to pass on to you, but couldn't. Today, I was able to give you something I have always wanted to give you, and that makes me very happy. :)



Please continue the circle with my dear friend, Kellie!

1 comment:

  1. I had a Raggedy Ann doll too! How special that you were able to find some to give to her!!

    ReplyDelete